Personnel for the Founding Church may now be employed only in the following ways:
To fill a newly created post:
1. By the Executive Director; or
2. By the Organization Secretary after a majority vote of the staff meeting.
To replace anyone no longer on post but the post provided for in pay schedule:
1. By the Executive Director or the Treasurer; or
2. By the Organization Secretary; or
3. By the unanimous vote of the Advisory Council with the approval of the Executive Director.
Hiring check sheet shall be as follows: Hired on what post, at what date, at what pay, signed by the Organization Secretary; acceptance of new employee's Social Security Number, and his or her presence on staff signed by the Accountant; reported on the job at what time and what date by the Department head under which he or she will work. The check sheet is returned to the Accounting Department when complete. No pay will be paid if no completed check sheet is to hand in Accounting.
To dismiss any employee or to reduce in pay or grade any employee, the following steps can be taken:
1. Dismissal or reduction directly by the Executive Director (part-time, temporary, permanent and honorary).
2. Dismissal or reduction by the Organization Secretary, posting and informing staff of cause in writing (part-time and temporary).
3. Dismissal or reduction by a unanimous vote of the Advisory Council and not being vetoed by the Executive Director or the Organization Secretary (permanent).
4. Dismissal or reduction by a majority vote of a properly constituted staff meeting (one attended by a majority of staff and on a regular meeting day), and not vetoed by the Executive Director or the Organization Secretary.
A dismissal or reduction is sent in writing to the person giving the day and hour of the dismissal or reduction by the Organization Secretary, and the fact and cause is posted on the general board by the Organization Secretary or the Executive Director.
[This P/L was originally issued from London on 9 April 1957. It was amended for FCDC issue by changing Agent for Great Britain to Executive Director, and Association Secretary to Organization Secretary.]